Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04177
I have developed a passion for people and their inbuilt potential for growth and change, however I recognise how terrifying that change can be.
A quote from Carl Rogers-founder of Person-Centred Therapy - 'The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction not a destination', sums it up. Sometimes to go through this process of change we need an empathic, non-judgemental sounding board - someone who is really willing to hear us and understand the whole of us not just the parts society label as acceptable. There are too many labels out there - which one fits? this in it-self can cause anxiety proving behaviour, thoughts, emotions etc. I also work in Nuneaton area CV11.
Alongside my teaching and Counselling/Supervision work I am currently working as a counsellor in an Academy providing therapeutic interventions for young people.
- Qualifications & ExperienceFully qualified and Accredited Person-Centred Counsellor / Therapist
Advanced Diploma in Clinical Supervision MNCS (Accred),
Dip. Couns. MBACP (Accred), UKRCP Reg Ind Couns.
I am a qualified Teacher & Supervisor with my own Counselling Training Centre / Service in Coleshill, Birmingham. All courses are CPCAB Awarded and range from the 10wk Introductory level up to L5 Post Qualification.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken