Ms Alex Pearse
Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS17-04692
Sometimes it’s difficult to talk about what's bothering you, especially to family and friends; and sometimes you know you're not feeling quite right, but can't put your finger on what the problem is. It can help to talk to an experienced therapist who will listen without judgement.
Counselling and psychotherapy can offer you another way to think about what might be going on and help you work out new ways of understanding and dealing issues and questions that you may have.
I offer a confidential service whether your issues are about work, life and change, illness, bereavement and loss ; parenting, relationships and childhood or maybe just the sense you have that things not quite working out for you and you want to think about why.
I am a qualified supervisor with many years experience in organisational and private practice settings. I also offer supervision to counselling students.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a qualified integrative and relational supervisor, psychotherapist and counsellor, with thirty years experience. After having worked in and managed organisations in the public, private and charity sectors, I now run a private psychotherapy, counselling and supervision practice in Stroud. As a psychotherapist and counsellor, I work with adults both short and long term. I am an affiliate psychotherapist with several county councils and charities. I also work as a reflective practice consultant and supervisor with counsellors and psychotherapists, leaders and staff in education and the health sector.
• Post graduate Diploma in Relational Supervision
• BPS Certificate in Clinical Supervision
• EMDR Therapist
• Post-graduate Diploma in Trauma Therapy
• B.Sc. (Hons) & Diploma Counselling & Reflective Therapeutic Practice
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken