Mrs Paula Doble
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05175
Location: Bishops stortford
It's a bad day, not a bad life - a little line I read recently but wished I had seen quoted a few decades ago. I personally have had a very experienced life, some might say unlucky but it's not been all bad. My outlook in life now is to try to change a negative into a positive but of course this is not always possible in every situation we endure in life but we can find a way to feel we can move forward.
I have experienced various trauma throughout my childhood, my teens and into adulthood and I have cared for my children through times no parent would wish their child to go through.
My qualifications add to other specialisms through personal experience around bereavement, bereavement through suicide or accident, divorce and adult survivors of child sexual abuse (court room experience).
Taking the 1st step to make contact is always the hardest and it is very important to build a good rapport and relationship with the therapist you choose. After all you will be working together for a period of time. It is vital in your recovery of whatever you have experienced that you feel safe and listened to in an environment that you trust.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills (Dip HypCS) and an Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad Dip CS)
I have successfully completed The Foundation of Infant Loss Training Course
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken