Mrs Carolyn Bell
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05285
We all experience difficulties at different times during our lives and counselling gives an opportunity to explore and develop an understanding of how these difficulties impact our day to day lives.
With personal experience in addressing the issues associated with addiction I have worked for many years, and specialise in, supporting clients struggling with alcohol, substance and behavioural abuse. Addiction is a complex illness and effects all areas of our lives and those around us both professionally and personally. I aim to bring an empathetic approach to help find ways to improve and cope with self-destructive behaviours.
I believe that therapy starts with a person’s potential for change and innate capacity for growth and recovery. That, with the correct insight, we are all able to take responsibility, looking at ourselves, at what is happening around us and, in this way, preserving our own identity. I see my role as supporting my clients in developing new ways of dealing with life’s challenges and the difficulties they present in our everyday lives.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. level 5
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken