Member Status: Senior Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05534
I provide a safe, empathic and non-judgemental relationship in which you can talk about what you want, explore your experiences, discuss any problems and difficulties, decide what you want to change, and consider how to manage the impact of anything you can't change. My approach begins with the principle of providing a relationship in which you can talk and be listened to. In addition, I have an interest in the conscious and non-conscious communications that emerge in relationships. However, my aim is to work flexibly and to consider your individual needs. My approach is based upon Transactional Analysis (TA). TA is a therapeutic theory of personality and relational psychology, and is used in the fields of psychotherapy, counselling, education, and organisations. It is ideally suited to both short-term and longer-term psychotherapy. You can find out more about TA here: (http://www.uktransactionalanalysis.co.uk/).
I have worked with a large number of clients in realising their desired outcomes, helping to bring about a successful conclusion to both longer-term (lasting a number of years) and short-term psychotherapy relationships. Before running a private psychotherapy practice, I worked as a psychotherapist for Step4ward, a company that provides therapy services in Poole. I have also worked as a therapist for a local bereavement charity, called Mosaic, which helps people who are coping with the loss of a loved-one. In the past, I've had several jobs in the mental health sector, working with people who have learning difficulties, as well as in forensic support. I bring to my work a passion for working with people. My goal is to form therapeutic relationships in which people can experience profound healing, positive changes, or consider ways of managing the impact of what can't be changed.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI trained at the Iron Mill College in Exeter, a specialist college that trains psychotherapists and counsellors, and I am a Certified Transactional Analyst (Ofqual level 7 qualification / equivalent to MSc and MA). I am a senior accredited member of the NCS, and I am fully supervised by UKCP registered supervisors (https://www.psychotherapy.org.uk/). I am also fully insured. I adhere to the ethical frameworks of UKATA (http://www.uktransactionalanalysis.co.uk/) and EATA (http://www.eatanews.org/).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken