Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05580
Location: Royal Boro. of Greenwich
Thank you for checking out my profile; my name is John Ellis and I am an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society.
I am an Integrative therapist with extensive training in a number of modalities. I have the skill, ability and flair to utilise these modalities individually or bring them together in a synergy to help my clients achieve the outcome they desire from therapy.
As well as private practice, I have 6 years experience as an active volunteer at the national mental health charity, Mind, here I work with the long-term and crisis counselling teams, seeing clients 'face to face' and virtually on web cam via Zoom and Skype.
With my position at Mind comes extensive weekly clinical supervision with some of the countries leading clinicians allowing me to develop my counselling skills even further.
I also volunteer as a counsellor for Frontline19 which is a nationwide, free, independent and confidential service delivering psychological support to people working in the NHS and on the frontline.
For enquiries about my private practice, please contact me here.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePsychwire.
Psychwire provides signature online courses for mental health professionals, by the global leaders in evidence-based therapy.
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Anxiety and Depression’. A six-month advanced level examined training course.
(Completed May 2022)
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris, Kirk Strosahl & Patricia Robinson ‘ACT as a Brief Intervention’. A six-month advanced level examined training course based on FACT ‘Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy’.
(Completed October 2021).
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Beginners’.
An intensive six-month examined training course teaching the core skills of ACT
(Completed June 2021)
Association for Psychological Therapies. APT is a leading provider of accredited training for professionals working in mental health and related areas in the UK and Ireland.
• Diploma in Psychological Therapies.
The diploma is awarded on successful completion and examination of a two-year program in the following therapeutic modalities;
• Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Intervention, in Crisis Situations
• MI (Motivational Interviewing)
• ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
• SFBT (Solution Focused 'Brief' Therapy)
• DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) Essentials
• CBT (Cognitive behavioural Therapy).
(Completed August 2021).
Cruise Bereavement Care.
Cruise is a UK charity working to enhance society's care of bereaved people.
• Loss and Bereavement Awareness – Grief in Lockdown
(Completed July 2020).
College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
A London based college providing accredited counselling courses in CBT (REBT).
• Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT (REBT) – pass with merit – accredited by the
National Counselling Society (NCS), the National Hypnotherapy Society (NHS) and
approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy).
A seven-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed September 2019)
• Advanced Diploma in CBT (REBT) – pass with distinction - accredited by the NCS and
approved by the AREBT. A seven-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed May 2019)
• Diploma in CBT (REBT) - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT.
A six-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed April 2017)
• Certificate in Blended Learning, Counselling Skills and Ethics
(Completed July 2016)
- Languages Spoken