Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05580
Location: Royal Boro. of Greenwich
Thank you for checking out my profile; my name is John Ellis and I am an Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society.
I am an ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) therapist with extensive training in a number of ‘Cognitive Behavioural Therapeutic Models’. I have the skill, ability and flair to utilise these modalities individually or bring them together in a synergy to help my clients achieve the outcome they desire from therapy.
As well as private practice, I have 7 years’ experience as an active volunteer counsellor at the national mental health charity, Mind. Here I work with the long-term and crisis counselling teams, seeing clients 'face to face' and virtually on web cam via Zoom and Skype.
I co-run the men’s group at Mind. The purpose of the group is to facilitate men sharing matters concerning them, in their lives, and help them live life better.
With my roles at Mind comes extensive weekly clinical supervision with a number of leading clinicians, thus allowing me to develop my counselling expertise even further.
Pease contact me here for information about my private practice.
- Qualifications & ExperienceZero Suicide Institute®
Leading the field in innovations of care for people at risk of suicide.
AMSR (Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk) helps health care professionals to confidently and competently, assess and manage levels of suicide.
• Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk. A four-week examined training course.
Psychwire provides signature online courses for mental health professionals, by the global leaders in evidence-based therapy.
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Grief and Loss’. A six-month specialist examined training course.
(Completed October 2022)
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Anxiety and Depression’. A six-month advanced level examined training course.
(Completed May 2022)
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris, Kirk Strosahl & Patricia Robinson ‘ACT as a Brief Intervention’. A six-month advanced level examined training course based on FACT ‘Focused Acceptance & Commitment Therapy’.
(Completed October 2021).
• ACT (Acceptance & Commitment Therapy) with Russ Harris ‘ACT for Beginners’.
An intensive six-month examined training course teaching the core skills of ACT
(Completed June 2021)
Association for Psychological Therapies. APT is a leading provider of accredited training for professionals working in mental health and related areas in the UK and Ireland.
• Diploma in Psychological Therapies.
The diploma is awarded on successful completion and examination of a two-year program in the following therapeutic modalities;
• MI (Motivational Interviewing)
• ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
• SFBT (Solution Focused 'Brief' Therapy)
• DBT (Dialectical Behaviour Therapy) Essentials
• CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
(Completed August 2021).
College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
A London based college providing accredited counselling courses in CBT (REBT).
• Advanced Diploma in Integrative CBT (REBT) – pass with merit – accredited by the
National Counselling Society (NCS), the National Hypnotherapy Society (NHS) and
approved by the AREBT (Association for Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy).
A seven-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed September 2019)
• Advanced Diploma in CBT (REBT) – pass with distinction - accredited by the NCS and
approved by the AREBT. A seven-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed May 2019)
• Diploma in CBT (REBT) - accredited by the NCS and approved by the AREBT.
A six-month classroom based examined course.
(Completed April 2017)
• Certificate in Blended Learning, Counselling Skills and Ethics
(Completed July 2016)
• Greenwich, Lewisham, and Bromley Mind ‘Men’s group’.
Completed co-running this ever-popular group.
The current aims of the group is to support attendees to reflect upon, explore and understand their current psychological difficulties. Members are offered guidance and the opportunity to gain skills to resolve these challenges. Group due to restart April 2023.
(Completed December 2022).
• Help for Heroes 'Suicide Awareness Training'
(Completed September 2022)
Association for Psychological Therapies.
• Assessment, Risk Assessment, and Intervention, in Crisis Situations
(Completed August 2021).
Cruise Bereavement Care.
Cruise is a UK charity working to enhance society's care of bereaved people.
• Loss and Bereavement Awareness – Grief in Lockdown
(Completed July 2020).
- Languages Spoken