Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05709
Hello. Whoever you are and whatever brings you to look for counselling/psychotherapy, I will be happy to work with you as a client and offer you a warm, friendly welcome.
I am fully qualified, experienced, insured, DBS checked, and work within the NCS ethical framework. I work in a local community counselling service, private practice, and as a trainer on counselling courses.
I practice in the ‘person-centred’ approach to counselling, trusting that we humans are all our own best expert on being ourselves and living our own lives. Sometimes, though, especially when times get particularly tough, we may struggle to find a way forward alone or with support only from those close to us. This is when seeing a counsellor may be helpful.
Counselling offers a safe, supportive, confidential space to work on whatever you want to. You decide what each session holds, the time and space is yours.
You may want to: explore particular issues, traumas or relationships in your past or present, deepen your understanding of yourself and your life, maybe work towards change if that feels right for you, or anything else. You will not be analysed, diagnosed, advised, judged, or pushed in any way – the content and pace of our work together is totally up to you.
The Practical Stuff
• Counselling sessions last 50 minutes, usually at the same time weekly or fortnightly. Limited afternoon or early evening appointments are available.
• Sessions are held in a comfortable, spacious room in a community venue (in Thornton, BD13) which allows good social distancing.
• Other covid-safe measures are also in place and will be discussed and risk-assessed on first meeting. Online (e.g. zoom) sessions may be available should meeting in person be interrupted by changes in current covid-safe guidance.
• Outdoor counselling sessions in a local scenic venue may also be available as an alternative (usually April-September, weather included.) Please ask if interested.
• Contact can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by text 07788 614536 or voicemail for a short call back.
• An initial (50 min) session is offered at a nominal rate of £10* (to cover room hire) and this time will be used to look at how we might work together and whether you wish to go ahead.
*Different first session arrangements apply under the schemes with logos above.
- Qualifications & ExperienceCertificate (PC) Counselling
Diploma (PC) Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken