Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05709
Hello. Whoever you are and whatever brings you to look for counselling/psychotherapy, I'm happy to work with you as a client and offer you a warm, friendly welcome.
I am fully qualified, experienced, insured, enhanced DBS checked, and work within the NCS ethical framework. As well as private practice, I work in a local community counselling service, and as a tutor/trainer on counselling courses.
Counselling offers a safe, supportive, confidential space to work on whatever you want to.
You may want to: explore issues, traumas or relationships in your past or present; try to better understand yourself and your life; maybe work towards change if that feels right for you, or anything else.
You might not know exactly what's troubling you, what you might need to talk about, or where and how to start. That's perfectly OK and not at all unusual!
The Practical Stuff
• Counselling sessions last 50 minutes, usually at the same time weekly or fortnightly. Limited afternoon or early evening appointments are available.
• Sessions are held in a comfortable, spacious room in a community venue (in Thornton, BD13) which allows good social distancing.
• Other covid-safe measures are also in place and will be discussed and risk-assessed on first meeting. Online (e.g. zoom) sessions may be available should meeting in person be interrupted by changes in current covid-safe guidance.
• Outdoor counselling sessions in a local scenic venue may be available (usually April-September, weather included.) Please ask if interested.
• Contact can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by text 07788 614536 or voicemail for a short call back.
• Your first (50 min) session is just £10* to meet and discuss how we might work together and whether you wish to go ahead.
*Different first session arrangements apply under the schemes with logos above.
- Qualifications & ExperienceCertificate (PC) Counselling
Diploma (PC) Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken