Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05849
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” ― Frank Zappa
Hi I'm Sal, I believe genuineness is essential for true connection to ourselves and others . I don't play at being a therapist but will be alongside you in a very real way.
Maybe you are trying to work out who you are or maybe you already know and feel clear about that but are trying to work out how to feel freer/more connected in relationships (work/family/romantic etc)
As much as we might read about the importance of loving ourselves and not caring about other's opinions it's really hard to achieve on our own - to discover that freedom. I have helped people become more at ease with themselves and others, in this world, and to have more fulfilling relationships.
Person-Centred theory holds the view that through experiencing authentic acceptance from another person we can overcome some of those negative beliefs that we have internalised from society or caregivers to discover our true potential as a freer more authentic person in the world.
A large portion of my therapeutic work has been with clients who identify as Queer, Polyamorous and/or neurodivergent (particularly ADHD, ADD, on the Autistic Spectrum, BPD) and I have personal connections with these communities too either directly or indirectly.
I have worked in a range of settings, some voluntary and some paid, as Mental Health Support Worker; Alcohol Recovery worker; Offered Long-term Psychotherapy at Share Psychotherapy (for 5 years); Sheffield University Counsellor; Bereavement Counsellor at St Lukes Hospice; Counsellor for people with Employment Issues/stresses; as well as working in independent practice and for counselling agencies.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAfter completing my professional counselling qualification that is accredited with National Counselling Society (Which is overseen by the PSA - Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care) I went on to engage in and successfully complete the rigorous BACP Accreditation process (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists is also overseen by PSA)
BACP Registration number 377872
BACP Accredited Membership number 00840138
NCS Accredited Membership NCS17-05849
I can give more details on request
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken