Ms Angela Barrows
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05910
I am a Gestalt trained psychotherapist, practising since 2005.
I have been in private practice since 2007. I work with adults, (the oldest of which was 83 years old!!) young people in education (7 years up to 25 years) and couples.
I have varied experience of working in lots of organisations with both adults and young people, including, charities, GP's surgeries, private children's homes, social enterprises, primary and secondary schools, colleges and university.
My experience also includes working with refugees and asylum seekers using interpreters.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePost Graduate Diploma in Gestalt Psychotherapy
Reg. Member of BACP
Accredited Registrant Member of NCS
Member of Black and Asian Therapist Network (BAATN)
I have specialist experience of working with translators, whilst working with refugee and asylum seekers from Afganistan, Turkey, Iran and Iraq.
My experience includes working with other professional teams including, social workers, police, community youth teams, schools, Colleges, mentors, CAMHs and AMHS, GP's, MAST workers, key workers, advocacy workers, voluntary services, specialist services ie: drug, alcohol, rape and abuse.
Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
BA (Hons) Business Studies
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken