Mrs Karen Kirby
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-05950
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist, an accredited member of the NCS within who’s ethical frame work I practice working in the Plymouth area.
I offer a confidential, warm, friendly, supportive, non-judgemental environment where you can feel safe to talk about your feelings, thoughts, fears, concerns and life events.
Professionally I use an integrative approach, drawing on a range of techniques including: Person Centred Therapy (which underpins all my work), Gestalt, Creative, Psychodynamic Therapy, Solution focused Therapy, CBT, Mindfulness and Spirituality. I adapt my approach to whatever suits your individual needs. I work towards enabling you to understand, clarify and gain insight into what it is that is distressing you, helping you to find ways to work through your distress towards a healthier outcome.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Specialist Diploma in Psychotherapy (NCS)
Advanced Diploma in Counselling (NCS Accredited)
Wide range of CPD
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken