Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS18-06108
Due to the pandemic my practice is currently online or telephone only. I also offer email counselling and an Ask a Counsellor query service. All details are on my website above.
I'm a warm and friendly counsellor with a relational approach to my work. I believe that if we can build the kind of relationship where you feel safe, respected and truly valued as a person, then you'll find it easier to explore whatever is feeling difficult. My style is relaxed and conversational because I understand how difficult it can be to open up to someone you've only just met. I am interested in who you are - and believe that you already hold the answers that you need inside of you. Counselling can be a way for you to rediscover what is already there.
I have also worked in the NHS as a midwife, and in public health, and have an interest in some of the issues that can arise from pregnancy, birth and how it is to become parents. More recently I have worked with many clients who have suffered sexual abuse and trauma.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling, DipHe Midwifery, Diploma in Holistic Therapy.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Prescribed Psychiatric Drug Dependence/Withdrawal
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken