Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06114
I am a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist offering a private space in my garden studio, where together we can explore whatever brings you to therapy. I recognise that the first steps in counselling are often not easy, so will make sure we go at a pace that suits you; therapy can be short or long term, we can decide this as we go along.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a fully qualified Psychotherapist and Clinical Supervisor, offering a private space in my garden studio, where together we can explore whatever brings you to therapy. I recognise that the first steps in counselling are often not easy, so will make sure we go at a pace that suits you; therapy can be short or long term, we can decide this as we go along. I trained in Emotion Focussed Therapy which works on the premise that our emotions guide everything we do. By learning to understand what drives us we are able to change and grow and most importantly, learn what to do when we get ‘stuck'.
Having worked for more than 20 years in the voluntary sector and education, supporting people with their mental health and wellbeing, I have experience of working with a range of issues, from anxiety and depression to bereavement and trauma. I am equally comfortable with young people as with adults as I have worked extensively with both.
Sometimes talking to family and friends is just not enough, and ensuring privacy and confidentiality for my clients is of utmost importance to me.
I draw on a range of theories and practices as I believe different modalities have much to offer and I am always open to learning
‘The more we understand the fabric of our lives, the more we can affect its texture
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken