Mrs Janine Mounsey
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06403
Hello there, my name is Janine Mounsey and I am a counsellor based in Sheffield and online. I have a warm, straightforward and approachable manner that can help put you at ease. I will listen carefully to you, without judgement, to help you work through whatever it is that has brought you to counselling.
I am trained as an integrative therapist which means I can support you in a way that can be beneficial to your own unique and individual needs. I offer help in many areas of life that may bring you to counselling.
After spending more than 30 years as a physiotherapist in the NHS I chose to progress my career by training to become a counsellor after experiencing the benefits of counselling myself. I recognise that the mind and body are inextricably linked and awareness of what is happening in both is useful to gaining self-awareness, growth and healing.
As well as working in private practice with my Tree of Life colleagues I also volunteer at Cruse Bereavement care and Eva therapy service, a specialist trauma therapy service for women and girls who have experienced domestic and or sexual abuse.
- Qualifications & ExperienceProfessional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy : Sheffield Psychotherapy and Counselling Education (The Academy S.P.A.C.E)
Foundations of Counselling (The Academy: SPACE)
E-Counselling using telephone and Zoom (The Academy: SPACE)
Bereavement Foundation Course, Face to Face support, sudden and traumatic death (Cruse Bereavement Care)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken