Mrs Karen Parkinson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06457
As a qualified counsellor, I provide a safe, confidential, and non-judgemental environment where I can help you gain insight into the less conscious aspects of your thinking, behaviour and feelings. I can offer brief focused counselling where we can address a current situation, as well as longer term psychotherapy where we can work together to explore deeper rooted difficulties which may have built up over time as a result of your earliest experiences.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 3 Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Introduction to Counselling Skills.
Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling.
Level 5 Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice.
Advanced Diploma in CBT.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken