Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06503
Having trained as an integrative counsellor and psychotherapist, I am able to offer a range of therapy skills and methods depending on your needs. My study of psychology now spans more than twenty years, and over that time I have worked with individuals and groups in different settings (even qualifying and practicing as a dog behaviourist!).
The integrative approach I take allows a blending of standard "western" therapy models such as person-centred, psychodynamic, and CBT, with "eastern" practices such as mindfulness, meditation and self-compassion which are increasingly being recognised for their value. For many clients, the work I undertake with them will include a holistic view of lifestyle and mind-body issues.
As a psychotherapist I work exclusively with individuals 18+. A good deal of my experience is working with men, and those dealing with sexuality and gender issues (LGBTQIA+), however I also have particular interests in areas such as anxiety and depression. A more complete list of the topics I commonly help with is included below.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePrimary Qualifications
- Level 5 Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling Practice (Prof Dip Psy C.)
- Level 3 Certificate in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills (Cert Hyp CS)
- Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Mindful Self-Compassion
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Panic attacks
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken