Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06528
I am friendly, caring, approachable and experienced person-centred (humanistic) counsellor and outdoor therapist working indoors face-to-face, outdoors and online. I have a private indoor and outdoor practice based in Derbyshire, but I work online internationally.
I work with all issues including anxiety, depression, suicidal feelings, confidence and self esteem, domestic abuse, sexual abuse, trauma & PTSD, anger, loss and sadness, life changes, bereavement & grief, miscarriage, perimenopause, chronic pain, addiction...to name just a few things.
I work in a variety of ways and I'm particularly keen on taking a holistic approach to your healing. We will look at what life is like in the here and now, the things you have been through and experienced, how you understand your pain, make meaning of your life, and how you can find solutions to your problems.
I work with clients long-term and short term, but usually anticipate at least 6-8 sessions in the first instance.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePG Dip Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP Accredited)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken