Miss Gemma Geary
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06584
Even on our good days stress can prevent us from being fully focused in both our home and work life settings. Feeling overwhelmed, unsupported and constantly ‘available’ through online devices can lead to burnout resulting in taking more sick days, being disengaged and put strain onto our relationships with others.
For over 18 years I worked for a large corporate health care company providing care for both private and NHS patients. My role there included managing both small and large sized teams with a wide range of diversities. From experience my role stretched far and wide from what might be classed as typical managerial duties. Noticing the importance and benefits of being able to access counselling not only from my perspective but from my co-workers is what started my journey to becoming a trained qualified counsellor.
I believe now more than ever it has become critical to address the unhealthy patterns we find ourselves in, to improve our overall well-being.
- Qualifications & ExperienceProfessional Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy : Sheffield Psychotherapy and Counselling Education (The Academy: S.P.A.C.E) 2017-2020
Foundations of Counselling (Granville College) 2016-2017
E-Counselling using telephone and Zoom (The Academy: SPACE) 2020
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken