Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06702
I am a qualified Person Centred Counsellor Accredited with the National Counselling Society NCS (Accred) and registered with the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP)
I have many years experience working within the NHS, Council and private sector. My empathic and warm approach creates a positive therapeutic space to enable clients to explore their difficulties in a non-judgemental and accepting environment.
I assist clients with issues including depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, stress, anger, sleep issues, relationship issues, bereavement, addiction and abuse, empowering them to find solutions to their problems and ensuring they gain the maximum benefit from our sessions.
With my knowledge and experience of working as a Counsellor and a Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner, I am able to be flexible in my approach, offering low intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) interventions as well as counselling. I am experienced in working with interpreters and can also offer group sessions as well as working with clients on a one to one basis.
I offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments. There is free parking in the side street next to the agency.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Certificate in Counselling for Depression
- Level 4 Diploma in Person Centred Counselling (ABC Accredited)
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts (ABC Accredited)
- Introduction to Counselling Skills (ABC Accredited)
- Facilitator in Mindfulness
- Facilitator in Group Work (Depression and Anxiety)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken