Mr John Bate
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06916
Location: St Peter Port
I offer a professional, confidential and safe counselling service for adults and young people who want to improve their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
I regularly help people with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, PTSD, trauma, addiction, OCD, anger, bereavement, low self-esteem, and current or historical sexual, psychological or physical abuse, as well as many other personal issues affecting mental health.
I start with a Person Centred approach and may integrate aspects of the following:
- Transactional Analysis,
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Exposure Response Prevention, Acceptance/Commitment,
- Dialectic Behavioural Therapy,
- Neuro Linguistic Programming & the Rewind Technique.
I also use creative methods where appropriate and if you are comfortable to do so. With children/young people I may draw on more creative and play-oriented processes rather than relying purely on one-to-one discussion.
I am solution focussed - sometimes it is important to spend time talking about what has happened and sometimes it is better to be challenged, to process and to move to a better place.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI am a qualified counsellor with a Degree in Psychology and a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken