Ms Clair Astin
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-06971
I have been a practicing therapist since graduating in Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, from the University of Westminster in 2009.
During this time, much of the focus of my work has been treating clients for stress and anxiety. (Having worked in the advertising industry I have first-hand experience of pressure in a fast-paced industry and its impact on health and well-being.)
Whilst treating patients, I noticed that for many, the combination of acupuncture and CBT was having a really positive effect. This inspired me to study Rational Emotive Cognitive Behavioral therapy.
The style of this therapy deals with the ‘here and now ‘and uses solution-focused, assertive techniques and mindfulness. I am fully qualified and currently work with clients, through Headstrong, alongside my acupuncture clinics.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Diploma in Integrative Cognitive Behavioral Therapy/Rapid Emotive Behavioral Therapy. Collage of Cognitive Behavioral Therapies. June 2020
BSc. (Hons) Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture, University of Westminster 2009
HND Graphic Design. University of Northampton.
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Languages Spoken