Mrs Penny Jolly
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07292
I offer a variety of techniques and will choose those which suit best your personality and preferences. These techniques work at a deep level and are especially helpful for anxiety, stress, fear, anger, depression, low-confidence and self-esteem, loss, loneliness, relationship issues and in relieving the pain and grief suffered by those who have had the misfortune to experience emotional and/or physical abuse.
I will help you to explore and express your feelings in a safe, confidential and supportive way. While doing this we, together, develop strategies to manage current difficulties while simultaneously releasing pain from the recent, or even very distant, past.
As well as Emotional Therapeutic Counselling we can use yoga techniques, (I am fully qualified) such as breathing, as many of these are simple yet bring great relief.
When appropriate I also draw on my background as part of a psychiatric team in a hospital including a drug and alcohol addiction unit and later carrying out research into mental health (public attitudes in particular) for the World Health Authority. You will be in safe and caring hands.
- Qualifications & ExperienceEmotional Therapeutic Counselling Diploma
ETC Foundation Certificate
British Wheel of Yoga Diploma
Traditional Yoga Diploma (qualified to teach other Yoga Teachers how to teach Advanced Yoga from India) + ditto from Yoga Alliance USA
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: labour
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken