Mr David Butler Barrett
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07409
I qualified in July 2018 as a therapeutic counsellor and have been trained to use Person-Centred and Psychodynamic approaches, integrating them at the service of the clients.
I have had a wide experience of working with people over many years. In training I volunteered at a Drug-Alcohol Agency and engaged in counselling with clients who had problems with drug and alcohol use and addiction.
From January to October in 2019 I worked at a Drug-Alcoholc Agency to provide counselling as a volunteer.
I am currently working with students in a Personal Development programme, seeing clients on a one-to-one basis. I am also lecturing at their college on personal development issues. I see a number of clients in private practise as well.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (2018)
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Languages Spoken