Mrs Alison Watson
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07507
My name is Alison and I am a qualified and accredited therapist here to help you.
Sometimes the little stresses in life, whether it be at work or home can start to build, eventually reaching a point where it impacts on your daily life. This can affect your relationship with those closest to you, as well as your enjoyment in life generally. You may be feeling anxious about little things and/or feeling down and unable to get motivated. Others will have been coping with difficult traumas from the past, affecting their self-confidence and general ability to cope. Sometimes we resort to coping strategies, such as drinking more than usual, that whilst providing a temporary reprieve actually make things worse longer term. If any of this rings a bell and you are at a point where you want to make a change then please get in touch.
I’m an integrative therapist which simply means that I’ve had training on the broad range of therapeutic models and can therefore use the best tools to help you with your specific issue (s). I am also an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries.
Whatever the problem I’m here to help.
I am located midway between Nottingham and Derby, close to Jn 25 of the M1 and currently available for both face-to-face and on-line therapy for adults and teenagers.
- Qualifications & ExperienceBSc (Hons) Psychology
Aim Level 3 Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills
Aim Level 4 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken