Mrs Kathryn Mann
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07522
With my own personal experience of anxiety and OCD it felt natural for me to fall into this speciality.
We all get anxious at some point and we all experience it in different ways. Anxiety is there to protect us, to keep us safe so we don't want to get rid if it completely but perhaps you are feeling anxious a lot more than usual.
Through therapy with me we start off by building your tool box of things which will help you to manage your anxiety. We will explore your physical symptoms as well as your thinking. You will start to feel more relaxed and in a place you are managing your anxiety. You will start to become your own therapist with my help and guidance.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
OCD is characterized by recurrent and unwanted obsessions (thoughts) and compulsions (actions). Just like anxiety individuals with OCD will experience it differently to the next person with OCD.
The cycle of OCD looks like this.
1. Obsessive thought - The obsessive thought comes in. For example - I need to wash my hands, I may have germs on my hands and get sick.
2. Anxiety - The obsession leads to increased anxiety.
3. Compulsive Behaviour - The increased anxiety leads to the compulsion. For example - I need to go wash my hands for 10 minutes.
4. Temporary Relief - By engaging in the compulsion lowers anxiety and gives temporary relief.
Then the cycle may start again.
Therapy can help you to start to break down the cycle, find alternative ways of thinking and your anxiety begin to fade through the work we do.
Initial sessions are £25 for 50 minutes and this is where we can get to know each other and make sure I am the right therapist for you. Following sessions are £40 for 60 minutes.
You can call, message or What's App me on 0795684112 for an informal chat, ask any questions or to book an initial session. I can also be reached via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sessions are far from clinical and I opt more of a creative and chilled approach.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Diploma in Creative CBT
Sand tray therapy
8 week mindfulness course
Continued professional development in Trauma
Continued professional development in Creative Therapeutic Visualisations
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken