Mr Andrew Matthews
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07556
I am an experienced Counsellor and Psychotherapist based in Broadstairs offering confidential online therapy across the UK. My private practice here follows my work in London helping people overcome difficult and challenging situations.
The approach I use is tailored to you and depends on the issue at hand. This style of working together is seen as an important factor for success.
Whether your concern is recent, long-standing or an isolated event, I can offer you a safe space where you can be yourself and express your genuine thoughts.
I work with a wide range of difficulties including struggles with addiction, compulsions, depression, sadness, guilt and burnout.
My principal areas of interest are:
• Anger --- Identifying root causes and establishing coping strategies.
• Anxiety --- Resolving underlining causes that are preventing a healthy life.
• Relationships --- Exploring behaviour and entanglement problems with partners, family or friends.
• Self-Care --- Understanding personal needs to improve mood, self-esteem and self-worth.
• Identity --- Discovering the true you to enhance contentment and vitality.
Well-being and happiness are possible. They sometimes just need the right professional support.
- Qualifications & ExperienceRegistered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (B.A.C.P.) who abides by the BACP Ethical Framework
Accredited Member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) who abides by the NCS Code of Ethics
Master’s Degree with Merit in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton, London
Degree with honours in Psychology, Birkbeck, London
Diploma with Merit in Applied Psychology, Birkbeck, London
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken