Dr Helen Mawby
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-07709
Hello. I am a person-centred counsellor working primarily online. The idea of seeing a counsellor can feel a bit scary, particularly if you haven’t done it before. However, I can assure you that I will listen intently, be understanding and take the sessions at your pace. Working online can be just as affective as face to face counselling and offers a more convenient way for people to access therapy. I am available for short term work or a longer term commitment. Some people only need a few sessions to feel like a real difference has been made, and some people prefer to have the support of a counsellor for longer. The sessions are yours, for you to talk about whatever you need to talk about, for as long as you need.
Testimonials from previous/current clients:
“I really benefitted from my sessions with Helen. She was engaged, constructive and empathetic, negotiating difficult topics with sensitivity and without judgement”.
“I would highly recommend spending time speaking to Helen, not only is she so easy to talk to but she is also caring, understanding and takes everything at your own pace. After just six sessions I already felt like I had resolved so much, and found myself much more positive”.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have a diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Dip. Psy C.) and an advanced professional diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Ad. dip Psy C.).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken