Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS19-07761
Hi! I am a Gestalt Psychotherapist (over 25 years) and am also a qualified and experienced supervisor. I currently work for 4 days a week in the Counselling and Well-being Services at the University of Plymouth. I have also taught on the Counselling Diploma Courses at Heartwood Counselling and Psychotherapy College in Devon.
Prior to entering the counselling world I worked as a secondary school teacher and a youth worker.
I enjoy walking and swimming and prefer to do both on the coast!
- Qualifications & ExperienceB.Ed (Hons) (1987)
Advanced Counselling Certificate (1989)
Advanced Diploma Gestalt Psychotherapy (1997)
Cert. Supervision (2003)
Dip. NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming).
Cert. CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) 2012
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Pregnancy related issues
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken