Mrs Jael Ribeiro
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08004
Please note that I am unable to answer enquiries until 4th January 2021
You can make peace with food ......... I help people improve their relationship with food to remove anxiety, guilt, chaos and obsession that are connected to unhealthy eating patterns. I work with emotional eating, loss of control eating, yo-yo dieting, body image, chaotic eating patterns.
• Do you feel guilty about eating certain foods and/or the amount of food you eat?
• Do you eat in secret to cope with your emotions?
• Have you started a new diet but are finding yourself more anxious and depressed?
• Are you afraid of loosing control around food ?
If you answered YES to any of these questions you are not alone. I hear you and help available. Get in touch.
People who have reached out for support experienced the following:
• decreased stress
• a sense of calm around food
• increased self-esteem,
• more energy
• better relationships.
HOW I WORK
I help people listen and connect to their body's wisdom and begin their journey into making peace with food. This is a process and when people have complex emotional attachments and beliefs around food this requires further exploration. This is where my training and experience can help. However you are in charge of your journey. I will facilitate the therapeutic journey by offering a listening ear, acceptance, non-judgement and empathy. I have witnessed first hand that when someone experiences these therapeutic conditions healing takes place. You will have a space to explore the dynamics of your relationship with food, identify your struggles and decide how you want to move forward. I will help you find tools to manage your emotions as well as create new ways of relating to food that are better more congruent to who you are both emotionally and biologically.
Don't struggle alone. Help is only one click away. Get in touch.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN A FIRST SESSION
The first session is an opportunity for you to tell me about you and for us both to decide how we are going to work together. It also involves filling in some paperwork in the first 5 minutes. The session lasts 50 minutes and I see clients weekly or fortnightly. I usually advise 6 sessions to start with but if you feel that you need less or more we can discuss what best suits you.
If you would like to book a no obligation 15 minute phone chat, get in touch.
* If there is no immediate answer when you call it is possible I am in a session. Please leave me a message and I will return your call as soon as possible. If you prefer you can also email or text for further details or to arrange a call back time.
- Qualifications & Experience• Certificate in Counselling Concepts
• Certificate in Counselling Skills
• Diploma in the Theory and Practice of Counselling
• Advanced Certificate in CBT Skills
• Working with Binge eating certificate
• How to deal with intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical voice certificate
• Working with Shame certificate
• Mental Health and the Body certificate
- What I can help with
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Eating disorders
- Languages Spoken