Joanne Marie Woodman
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08198
I am a licensed psychotherapist and counsellor with a background in Senior Leadership, Mental Health and Social Care. These professions have allowed me to make real connections with people and bear witness to the pain, anxiety, stress and deep hurt we all experience as we journey through life, its also given me the pleasure of seeing clients grow, overcome adversity and thrive in life.
My 15 year career in senior leadership got me up close and personal to the challenges we face at work not only the pressure, stress and potential burnout that comes with trying to perform and develop our careers in high pressure environments but as a woman in the workplace, I have lived experience of harassment, discrimination, and bullying. All of which I continue to support many clients navigating these same issues in many different work environments.
My time working in different mental health and social care provisions, gave me a real insight into the challenges people and their families face when they struggle with their mental health. Some of the areas I have experience in: An alternative school provision for 16-24 year old’s from vulnerable and disadvantaged backgrounds, pupil referral units, Psychiatric Unit for Schizophrenia, Women’s Centre, Carers Service for Unpaid Carers, Community support for Autism and SEN educational settings.
The people I have met along the way have inspired me along this path of continued professional development and it remains a privilege to be trusted with my client’s life stories – each one a true reflection of the human spirit.
I have spent time working and travelling in different countries and have lived in China for 2 years and spent 6 years in Southeast Asia. I have always found nature and hiking to be incredibly healing and offer walk and talk therapy and guided walks through the Peak District – to encourage others to find comfort and healing in nature.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI have completed 4 years of Post Graduate study and hold a Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling. I am starting my Level 6 degree in 2023. I am Accredited with the National Counselling Society (MNCS).
As a strong believer in life-long learning and continued professional development. I have recently completed the following training:
· Fellowship – Creative Counsellors – 9 Modules - Trained to work with various creative resources with clients such as: Clay, Art, Stories, Oracle Cards, Russian Dolls, Symbols, Dreams, Sand
· Walk and Talk Therapy – Eco Therapy
· How Food effects your Mood – DR Ellen Vora
· Mother and Father Wound – Inspired CPD
· Mind Body Connection – Dr Gabor Mate
· Trauma Informed Training
· Autism and Neurodivergence
· Suicide and Self harm prevention
· Extensive training Poly Vagal Theory
· Hypnotherapy – Level 3 Diploma
· Solution Focused Therapy
· Yoga Therapy – 300 TTC
· Thai Yoga Massage practitioner
· Reiki Master – Orion Healing
· Chi Nei Tsang – Abdominal massage therapy
· Meditation and Mindfulness
· Art Therapy with Shelley Klamer
Member of Creative Counsellors
· Member of Self Healers Circle
-Member of Commune Community
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken