Mrs Caroline Adams
Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS19-08268
Location: West Wales
I am a warm down-to-earth Therapeutic Counsellor, who puts the client and their specific needs right at the centre of our work together. I look forward to working with you if you feel we would be suited.
I am fully qualified as a professional counsellor and:
am an Accredited Member of The BACP;
am an Accredited Professional Member of The National Counselling Society;
have a full Professional Indemnity Insurance;
and hold a DBS.
My initial counselling training was in the humanistic existential approach, but my way of working has evolved with additional training methods and experience. I have counselled adults in both inner-city and rural environments, and have worked in generic counselling agencies and in charities such as MIND and CRUSE.
My private practice has closed for now, as I currently work as a Bereavement Counsellor and as a Specialist Cancer Counsellor, for the NHS.
Prior to becoming a counsellor, I worked with students and lecturers in the university sector, and with patients in the NHS.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy counselling qualifications are:
* Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (Humanistic Existential);
* BSc(Hons) Reflective Therapeutic Practice (The Metanoia Institute, London);
* Diploma in NLP (Health);
* Certificate in Awareness in Bereavement Care;
* Certificate in Focusing Skills;
* Focusing Practitioner with the British Focusing Association;
* Certificate in Online and Telephone Counselling.
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT);
- Motivational Interviewing (MI);
- Mental Health First Aid;
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills;
- Working with Adult Survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
I have a number of higher degree and post-graduate qualifications related to professional health-care subjects, and university teaching and learning. I am also a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy.
AREAS OF COUNSELLING I DEAL WITH:
As a professional counsellor, I always assess our suitability to work together with the topics you bring before we commence counselling.
- Languages Spoken