Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08272
When you're going through a difficult time and looking for help it's important to find someone you connect with. My therapy is about careful listening and genuine, kind empathy which helps to free you up internally and move in a more positive direction. This real care and closeness to your experience is what I believe helps the most.
I've been a therapist for over ten years and have worked in three schools, an NHS clinic, and a low-cost therapy centre. I have experience with people aged from young teens up to older clients, from various backgrounds and lifestyles, and with many different types of issues such as grief, trauma, relationship issues, depression, and anxiety. I focus on your actual lived experience, how it is for you, whatever the issue may be.
People that work with me change in very personal and meaningful ways so it's hard to say what will happen in therapy or how long it will take; it evolves through the sessions and is as unique as each person attending.
Starting therapy is not always an easy decision to make however I encourage you to give it a go. I have seen that therapy can be really helpful and a lot of that has to do with having a connection of loving kindness and trusting in a process that can sometimes be confusing and difficult.
Whatever might be troubling you I hope you contact me. I am keen to hear you, be by your side, and help as much as I can.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePerson Centred Counselling Diploma
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Cultural issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken