Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08281
My name is Sophia and I am a qualified Psychotherapeutic Counsellor, CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) & EMDR practitioner, Hypnotherapist, trained Life Coach and graduate in MSc Psychology at Essex University. From my years of education and experience, I believe that I can bring significant benefits to clients through my assertive and empathetic approach to each individual.
When in a session with me, clients notice my gentle, cheerful and positive character, which encourages everyone to feel safe in every session. With trust, clients notice my pride in their success, as we explore the obstacles that stop them from getting the most out of life. With utilising my outstanding interpersonal skills and experience in integrated therapeutic techniques, I can connect with any client from any background or identity, to be a helping hand in achieving healthy goals. I am motivated and creative, with a comprehensive ability to accommodate to each clients needs.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMSc Psychology at University of Essex
Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling accredited by the National Counselling Society.
CBT Practitioner Certificate of the academy of modern applied psychology.
Certificate working with Sexual and Emotional Trauma using CBT with adults, adolescents and children.
EMDR at Centre of Excellence.
AIM Award Certificate in Hypnotherapy and Counselling skills. (QCF)
Certificate in Life-Coaching NCE
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Prescribed Psychiatric Drug Dependence/Withdrawal
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken