Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08404
Location: Y Felinheli
Client-focused psychotherapist highly accomplished in sessional counselling, treatment analysis, and lasting outcomes. Compassionate and comforting approach with deep understanding of trauma-related issues. Successful in lending expertise in expressive arts therapies to children, families and individuals. Proficient in individual, couples and group therapy and psychotherapy. Strength-based approaches such as Emotionally Focused Therapy, Narrative Therapy, and contemporary Jungian Analytical psychology. Dedicated to helping patients learn to overcome obstacles and achieve optimal health and well-being with the support of a caring mental health practitioner. I offer short-term counselling as well as long-term psychotherapy.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI received a Masters of Science in Counselling with a Specialisation in Clinical Mental Health from Prescott College, Arizona and completed my supervised clinical training on site at Sebastian Family Psychology Practice in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in 2017.
My background is in the performing arts and I have worked in the world of education for many years. I studied Fine Arts at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, and went on to receive a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Loyola University in Chicago, and a Masters in Humanities at Northwestern University in Evanston, in 2000.
I am an active member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT), International Expressive Arts Therapy Association (IEATA), International Ecopsychology Society (IES), and the Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP).
I completed an externship in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy from The International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy, Chicago, IL, USA. (2017).
- What I can help with
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken