Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS19-08546
"Providing targeted CBT therapy to help with life’s negative events and challenges”.
I am a fully qualified London-based Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who can help you manage and transform negative experiences and challenges in your life into positive and enlightening changes.
I am currently seeing clients to help them with 'Post Lockdown Anxiety' as moving out of lockdown can often trigger feelings of anxiety, depression and social-anxiety.
It is an unfortunate aspect of life that we will all experience negative events such as loss, failure, and trauma which can lead to depression, anxiety, procrastination and self-doubt. CBT has been proven to help people change their negative thoughts, feeling and behaviours into more positive ways of being that can help them achieve their goals.
As an AnxietyUK approved counsellor I also specialise in General Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder). CBT is about changing thoughts and beliefs in order to change emotions, and I have found this therapy works well for these kinds of issues.
My approach is logical, empathetic and supportive, and through our therapeutic alliance we can navigate the choppy waters of everyday life to find a better way of being. CBT focuses on the here and now, but as an integrative counsellor I also use other techniques where appropriate, such as Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT) and EMDR.
- Qualifications & ExperienceAdvanced Integrative Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural
• Advanced Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
• Diploma in CBT – College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapies
• Diploma in Psychology – Birkbeck, University of London
• Certificate in Counselling – Birkbeck, University of London
• Foundations in Counselling – The Minster Centre
• Foundations in Psychosynthesis – The Institute of Psychosynthesis
- What I can help with
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Cultural issues
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Languages Spoken