Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00383
Following my initial training as a Person-Centred Counsellor, I have also trained in Pluralistic practice. I place great importance on your therapy being a shared decision-making process, working closely alongside you in an open, honest and non-judgmental style. I can work in a more focussed and motivating style for short-term counselling to deal with a specific concern or offer patience and commitment if our work is to be more long-term psychotherapy, such as that needed for complex trauma issues.
Having spent time working as a nurse, I'm comfortable working holistically to include physical health, as this can have a huge impact on our mental health, especially in the current circumstances. My passion is to see clients flourish as a result of investing time in themselves.
Although lockdown has ended, Norfolk has been placed in tier 2 and NCS is recommending online sessions only, apart from exceptional circumstances (contact me for details). I continue to offer video online sessions or over the telephone counselling as always.
Research has repeatedly shown that it is the relationship which is most important for a good client outcome, therefore i'm happy to offer you a no fee, no obligation chat initially, for you to get to know me a little better before you decide who to choose as your counsellor.
- Qualifications & ExperiencePost-Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Therapy
Certificate in Person-Centred Therapy
Continuing Professional Development in:
- Moving your practice online - Online Therapy Institute
- A Pluralistic approach to therapy - Mick Cooper
- Relational Depth in counselling - Mick Cooper
- Gambling addiction - GAMCARE
- Family constellation therapy - Dr Anna Magee
- Solution-Focussed therapy
- Introduction to Narrative Therapy
- Negative thinking
I currently work for a charity, with a particular focus on rape and sexual abuse.
I have worked for the NHS as an adult nurse and as a health care assistant.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Emotional issues
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Start exercising