Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00383
Hello I'm Jayne and I am trained in Person-Centred Therapy. I will work closely alongside you at all times in an open, honest and non-judgmental way. Research has shown that it is the quality of the relationship between the counsellor and the client that enables the best outcome for you. Self-compassion and Mindfulness often feature in my work.
Having spent time working as a nurse-and recovered from a life-threatening illness-I am happy to include physical health in our work together, as I understand only too well what a huge impact it has on our mental health.
I can work short or long-term.
Appointments are available Tues-Fri from 10am to 4pm (last appointment).
I feel very privileged to be able to do my work and relish the opportunity to work with you as you face up to the challenges in your life, whether they are past, present or future ones.
I am currently working online (preferred) and over the telephone.
**I offer a reduced fee of £30 for NHS staff**
- Qualifications & ExperiencePost-Graduate Diploma in Person-Centred Therapy
Certificate in Person-Centred Therapy
Continuing Professional Development in:
- Moving your practice online - Online Therapy Institute
- A Pluralistic approach to therapy - Mick Cooper
- Relational Depth in counselling - Mick Cooper
- Gambling addiction - GAMCARE
- Family constellation therapy - Dr Anna Magee
- Solution-Focussed therapy
- Introduction to Narrative Therapy
- Negative thinking
I currently work for a charity, with a particular focus on rape and sexual abuse.
I have worked for the NHS as an adult nurse and as a health care assistant.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Emotional issues
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Start exercising