Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00628
Location: Upper Lydbrook
I have worked in a large corporate employee assistance programme (welfare service) offering counselling. During this time I worked with a range of mental health issues from stress, anxiety, depression, relationships through to self harm, suicide ideation, gender, autism, ADD/ADHD, dyslexia and more. I have a particular interest, and experience working with, clients who have later in life diagnosis (or suspect they might have) ADD/ADHD. I volunteer with a local charity where I give my therapy services free of charge to those who can not afford access to private therapy. My private practise is located in Cheltenham and Gloucester but I offer telephone and video therapy to anyone over 18yrs old in the UK. I am also a qualified and accredited Executive Coach who can help you be your best self. Packages are available upon request.
How Our Session Might Feel:
I would hope our session might feel warm, compassionate, non-judgemental with an empathetic relationship being felt between us. I believe that if we can achieve this in our sessions then you will have everything you need to live effectively with what you bring. Our work could, if you wanted it to, extend into mindfulness and spirituality as I have experience in this field along with meditation practices. I offer both shorter term therapy (6 sessions typically) and longer term therapy (I have clients who have been with me for years).
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy qualification in therapeutic counselling was gained through the Counselling Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body. I am am a registered Counsellor under the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP reg) with my accreditation as a Counsellor through the National Counselling Society (MNCS accred). Both have placed me on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register.
I have experience working in a large corporate employee assistance programme and also within the third sector. I run my own private practise.
Areas which I hold a particular interest to me are:
- ADD/ADHD: University of Derby
- Online Counselling: Open University
- British Sign Language: British-Sign (foundation certification)
- What I can help with
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken
- British Sign Language