Mrs Eileen Moss
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00633
My journey into counselling began when I sought my own personal therapy to help me negotiate challenges in my life. Through the listening ear of my very patient counsellor I was able to reflect on my past, make sense of my situation and feel empowered to move foreword with hope and purpose into the next chapter of my story.
I trained as an integrative counsellor at Newman University and have been working with adults for a charitable counselling organisation and with Cruse Bereavement Care, as well as running my own private practice. I work as a primary school counsellor in Wales and have recently begun working in a local primary school as a school counsellor.
My counselling room is in my home, in a small village near Tewkesbury.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society and adhere to their ethics and guidelines. I am also a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and I have achieved the BACP Certificate of Proficiency.
Having worked as a teacher for many years, I could see there was a need for children to be given time to be listened to carefully and fully and I completed my training in working with children and young people at the University of South Wales. I have helped children with depression, behavioural issues, obsessive compulsive disorder, self-harm, anxiety, autism, family problems, anger, bullying, low self-esteem, sexual abuse and bereavement. When working with children and young people I may use creative counselling skills, play and sand tray therapy to help the child/young person engage in the process.
- Qualifications & Experience• MA Counselling Children and Young People (University of South Wales)
• Foundation Degree in Integrative Counselling (Newman University)
• Certificate in Counselling Skills (Gloucester Counselling Services)
• Ascentis Level 2 in Bereavement Care
• Cruse training in Bereavement in Children and Young People
• Ascentis Level 3 Certificate in Supervision
• B.Ed Hons Nursery/Primary Education (University of London)
• PG Cert Education (Special Educational Needs Coordination)
• I hold an enhanced DBS Certificate
In addition to the above I have received further training in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
I regularly update my knowledge and skills by Continued Professional Development (CPD) workshops. To date this has included Self Harm in Young People, Creative Therapy, Creative Writing in Therapy; Mindfulness; Trauma, OCD, Eating Disorders; Safeguarding (updated annually); Sexual Exploitation in Young People, Play Therapy and Tele-play Therapy, Creative Story Making, Online and Telephone Counselling.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Young people and children