Mrs Julia Parkes
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-00963
I have lots of experience with anxiety, depression and addictions. I also have experience helping those who are neurodiverse such as High Functioning Autism (also known as Asperger’s), ADD and ADHD. I can also help those who care for individuals who have those traits.
Have you ever felt misunderstood, not listened to or simply feel that people do not get you - well I am here for you. I am not here to judge you or make assumptions or think I know best, I am here to help you feel safe so that you have the space to talk.
I currently volunteer as a counsellor for one day a week at Change Grow Live Reading who help people with drug and alcohol addictions. I am DBS checked.
- Qualifications & ExperienceCPCAB level 2, 3 & 4 in integrative counselling
I also have several CPD qualifications in substance use, childhood trauma and addictions, suicide ideation amd autism awareness.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Emotional issues
- Self esteem
- Languages Spoken