Mrs Carole Howells
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-01541
I have had a full life, which is the kind way to describe just how many mistakes I've made, and how many dramas I've lived through, including an abusive childhood, being a single mum, two divorces, the loss of my son, redundancies, homelessness, and a failed business.
I believe my experiences have made me practically un-shockable, approachable and non judgemental. I'd like to offer you a place to talk about what is troubling you.
Through talking with another person, someone who has no agenda, we can often be more honest about what is troubling us, we can feel free to explore emotions we have maybe never admitted to before, the guilt and shame we carry, regrets we've tried to push away, the things we didn't do or say, and sometimes the things we did. Counselling can help you put missing parts of your life's jigsaw together, help you understand why you are the way you are, learn to accept yourself, maybe forgive yourself, and those who have hurt you.
Clients will often say to me "I've never thought of it like that before" so maybe counselling is just another perspective for you, a chance to look at life through gentler eyes.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI’m fully qualified and experienced, insured, fully invested in further training and have the most wonderful supervisor. I have worked within a school environment supporting children, parents and Teachers, but have learned my Private Practice is not really suitable for children, but seems to really attract teachers.
I am specifically trained in Bereavement & Loss and worked at a local hospice for five years, I have chosen to do a lot of additional training around shame and trauma, and am enrolled on an excellent Eating Disorder course this summer.
I'm reluctant to tick lots of "I can help with " boxes, because that implies expertise, whereas I truly believe the expert in the counselling room IS the Client, I'm happy to listen and learn from you.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying