Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-01830
A welcoming integrative counsellor, I aim to establish an atmosphere of safety in which you can consider your concerns and find your way forward.
I trained as a counsellor for NHS staff, and I have worked as a volunteer counsellor for Bath Mind.
As Registered Nurse, I cared for people with learning disabilities and mental health issues. I have experience in learning support, as a helpline worker for Action for ME, a carers’ assessment worker, and an advocate supporting and representing people within drugs and alcohol services, NHS, and social services. I work part-time for a local authority supporting people experiencing homelessness.
I have training in the use of neuroscience in counselling, relational counselling, existential therapy, and working with trauma and abuse. I am deeply interested in the connection between mind and body.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a Foundation Degree in Counselling from Plymouth University, a
BA (Hons) History from the University of the West of England, and I began my career as a Registered Nurse for Learning Disabilities (LD) on a unit for people with LD and superimposed mental health problems.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Immune system support
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support