Mr Al Tyers
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-02221
Hello, I'm Al. If you're feeling low, lost, anxious or depressed and are looking for a therapist who will listen, support you, and help you work through your issues, then please get in touch for a free, no-obligation consultation on the phone or by Zoom/FaceTime/Skype.
I specialise in counselling people who have anxiety, low self-esteem and depression, among other issues. I provide a safe, confidential, non-judgmental space for you to explore your feelings, understand more about yourself and relationships, and move towards a more fulfilled life by making the changes you seek.
I believe that by understanding ourselves better we can make lasting change. In your sessions, we'll talk about things that are going on for you right now and how they might connect to things that have happened in the past, and perhaps also to patterns in your relationships. I will listen to you, I will provide you a safe and supportive space, and together we will work on the issues that are causing you difficulties.
I'm able to offer you in-person counselling again in both Clerkenwell London EC1 near Farringdon Station and in St Albans a few minutes walk from St Albans City station. Both buildings have thorough and sensible Covid safety measures in place.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI trained on the MSc in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Counselling course at Birkbeck, University of London.
I have many years experience of counselling adults of all ages and from many different backgrounds.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Childbirth: fertility
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Languages Spoken