Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS21-01122
Welcome to Barry Cook 'The Tattooed Counsellor'
Have you become stuck in life, not knowing which way to turn next or who you can talk to ? Is life feeling something like this ?
- Relationships strained or breaking down.
- Became difficult to voice or understand what you need.
- Feeling down on edge or simply feel confused.
When we feel like this everything seems really heavy and sad. Our problems may seem all mixed up, and growing bigger and unmanageable day by day.
It could be that past experiences are impacting on us again. It may be that something new is causing you confusion in the present.
Maybe you would like someone to talk too and support you whilst exploring what may be going wrong and your options,
- Explore what the problems or issues are.
- Examine the options, and what other possible choices there are.
- To find awareness and understand what changes may need to happen.
When things are going wrong in our lives, sometimes it may be very difficult to talk about this with family or friends, for fear of judgement, being a burden, or maybe we just simply don't want to.
Being human means that relationships are an important part of our lives. From birth we need to attach to survive and develop, therefore we all have a drive to belong. Our relationships can bring us huge amounts of happiness and fulfillment, but when they go wrong it can feel like everything is just falling apart.
I work with individuals to improve communication, relationships, self-esteem, self-awareness, reconnecting people to themselves and those around them and ultimately empowering clients to live their best life.
It takes courage to come into counselling and simply by visiting this page you are already showing the strength to take those first steps that have probably been nagging at you for a while now.
So, if any of this resonates with you, then you are in the right place......
Please contact Barry, for an initial free 15 minute phone call to see if I could support you.
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a level 2,3 & 4 Diploma in Counselling. I also hold a level 5 Diploma in Counselling Children and Young People.
I have a BSc in Psychology & Criminology.
I have a NVQ3 in Health & Social Care (children and young people).
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Children / teenagers
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken