Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS21-01133
I have been counselling since 1998, and working as a Counselling Supervisor since 2014. For the first years of my practice I worked for various agencies, offering counselling for clients with alcohol and drug issues. Since 2016 I have been in private practice, working as a counsellor and clinical supervisor.
I work with both long and short term clients, who bring a wide variety of issues. My aim is to build a trusting relationship with my clients, and to work with them in understanding their issues, and looking for solutions. My approach is client centred but uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy techniques where they seem useful.
I work with adult clients, from eighteen upwards but I supervise several counsellors who work with children and young people.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 5 Professional Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
Diploma in Counselling Supervision.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Prescribed Psychiatric Drug Dependence/Withdrawal
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support