Member Status: Accredited Professional
Member No: NCS21-01674
I am an enthusiastic accredited integrative psycho-therapeutic counsellor with 19 years counselling experience and 13 years as a Clinical Supervisor,
I have a wide range of experience supporting people with mental health conditions, having worked in NHS and third sector organizations and specialized in eating disorders and addictions' have worked successfully with people with mild to moderate bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorders and severe obesity problems by Skype..
I currently work with a wide range of ages and offer support for a number of complaints, depression, anxiety, relationship issues, low self esteem ,grief and loss ,phobias, anger management using a combination of techniques for example anxiety management, relaxation and motivational strategies as well as supporting people with weight loss and smoking cessation.
I also currently supervise generic counsellors and therapists working in palliative care and bereavement having previously worked in this field for 9 years as Head of Family Support to my local hospice.
More recently as my update training I completed an accredited psychological therapy diploma (January 2021) with the Association of Psychological Therapies which covered CBT Cognitive Behaviour Therapy , DBT Dialectical Therapy SFT, Solution Focused Therapy ACT Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Motivational Interviewing, These are considered the top five approaches to therapy.
- Qualifications & ExperienceDiploma in Therapeutic Counselling, Master Degrees in Mental Health, Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology. Diploma in Hypnotherapy and NLP, Coaching. Certificate in Child & Adolescent Counselling and Couples Counselling
- What I can help with
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Divorce & Separation
- Driving tests
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Generally unhappy with your life
- IBS / Digestive Issues
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings