Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS23-01235
Are you feeling stuck, lost, lonely, sad, angry, overwhelmed, hopeless or simply confused?
I offer a safe space where you will be supported to get back up again and helped to find your way forward.
Life is unpredictable; it can be difficult and messy, and sometimes things happen to us, or to someone close to us, and our whole world can be turned upside down in a heartbeat. This can leave us struggling; thinking, feeling or behaving in ways we do not understand, not knowing who to turn to, what to do or how to even start. Feeling like nobody understands, and not being able to see a way forward, can be a very lonely and scary place. I know because I have been there.
Perhaps you have recently lost somebody, or you are adjusting to a life-changing diagnosis, either personally or that of somebody close?
Maybe you are processing a family, friendship or relationship breakdown or find yourself in the midst of a separation or divorce, facing a different future to the one you had planned?
Are you struggling with becoming a parent or step-parent, or with being unable to have children or your children leaving home?
Are you experiencing a financial loss or facing a career or life change, including redundancy or retirement?
Did something happen in your past that you feel is holding you back in the present?
The list is endless…...
I have a wealth of experience in dealing with change both professionally and personally, which means I have a real understanding of the process along with lived experience of the impact it can have physically, emotionally, socially & spiritually. I know dealing with a life change is far from easy, but it is possible with the support of therapy, and this is why I am passionate about supporting others to thrive not just survive when life happens to them.
I offer a warm, welcoming and confidential space, away from your everyday life, where you are helped to explore what is going on for you. A space where you are supported, at your own pace,
- To consider your situation from different perspectives.
- To be more accepting of the things you cannot control, whilst feeling more empowered to change the things that you can.
- To begin to understand yourself better and to identify the strengths and tools you already have, or those you feel you need.
And to take that first step forward towards living the life you want to live, having learned and practiced some techniques to help you better cope with life’s inevitable challenges.
For more information about me and how I work please visit my website www.lindahillerycounselling.com
Orr get in touch for a free and informal chat about how I might be able to help.
Call: 07783 756429
- Qualifications & ExperienceI hold a BACP-accredited degree in Integrative Counselling. This allows me to draw from different counselling theories, including Person-Centred/Humanistic, Existential, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), depending on your needs, goals and preferences, to create a truly personalised approach to your unique problem or issue.
I have also undertaken further training in Solution Focused Therapy & Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), and I hold a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism. More recently, I trained to work with some more creative counselling tools and techniques, incorporating these in sessions where clients feel they might be a helpful way to express themselves or as a way to view a problem or issue differently.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Suicidal feelings