Miss Barbara Grzelka
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCSX79
I am a fully qualified and professionally accredited therapist. I have been trained in integrative psychotherapy which means that I studied various different approaches to therapy and I implement them into the therapy sessions in accordance with my clients individual needs. I believe that in order for therapy to be successful, empathic listening and understanding need to be accompanied by encouragement and a challenge. In addition to my integrative training, I am a qualified CBT practitioner and I am able to support people in changing their unhelpful thinking that gets in a way of their lives and prevents them from achieving their goals. As well as seeing my clients for regular sessions, I provide them with exercises/techniques/guidances to use in between sessions to help them achieve their therapy goals.
I am also towards the end of BSc (Hons) in Reflective Therapeutic Practice at renowned Metanoia Institute.
- Qualifications & Experience- BSc (Hons) in Therapeutic Reflective Practice (due to complete in June 2020),
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy / Rational Emotive Behavioural Therapy,
- Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling,
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy and Counselling Skills.
And additional training in:
- Working with Borderline Personality Disorder,
- Suicide Intervention,
- Working with Women affected by domestic abuse.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Start exercising
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken