In late 2021, the overwhelming majority of our members asked us by ballot to change our name to the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society.
From the 15th of May 2023, we are excited to announce that we will have officially changed our name to the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society.
Along with the name change, we have a completely new look and we will launch our brand new, improved website later this year.
We have put together some helpful FAQs below to ensure that our members are kept up to date during this process.
- When do we officially change our name to the NCPS?
From the 15th of May 2023, we will officially have changed our name to the National Counselling and Psychotherapy Society.
- I am an Individual member, how do I download my new logo?
From the 15th of May2023, you will be able to download your new logo in the member's area of our current website.
You can download them here.
Please note that permission for the use of the new logos remains the same as our previous logos.
- I am an Individual member, do I need to download a new certificate?
No. Updated certificates will be issued when the new website is launched. There will be no changes to your certificates until then.
- Changes to your post-nominals initials
As a result of the name change, we have also changed your membership post-nominals.
- MNCS (Acc.) will become MNCPS (Acc.)
- MNCS (Acc.Prof.) will become PNCPS (Acc.)
- MNCS (Snr.Accred.) will become SNCPS (Acc.)
- Do I need to make any changes to my profile?
You don't need to make any changes to your profile at this point. The only thing to be aware of currently is that the new logos will be available from the 15th of May 2023.
- When will the new website be live?
Our team are working really hard with developers behind the scenes to get the new and improved website up and running. We will be launching the website later this year and we are so excited to share it with you.
- Do I have to make the changes immediately to my website, business cards etc.?
No. This is a phased change. For the next few months, you will see both the old and new NCS / NCPS names and logos in use while we are in this transition period.
- I am a Student member - how does this effect me?
This should have no impact on our Student members as they are not issued logos. You can now tell your peers, tutors, placement providers etc. that you are a member of the NCPS, rather than NCS.
- Do I need to do anything if I am an Organisational Member?
If you are a current Organisational Member with the NCS, you will have received an email by the 15th of May 2023, when we will send out the new NCPS logos to replace the old NCS logos.
No other action is required if you are an Organisational Member.
- Do I need to do anything if I am a Training Provider?
If you are a current Training Provider with us, following our name change on the 15th of May 2023 we will be in touch to send out the new NCPS logos to replace the old NCS logos.
No other action is required if you are a Training Provider.