Mrs Deborah Howard
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS17-05590
Debbie is a UKCP Registered Psychotherapist with over 9 years experience.
She is not only qualified to work with adults, but Debbie also holds the UKCP marker showing she holds specific qualifications to work with children and adolescents.
Her area of specialism is the treatment of eating disorders, and Debbie is qualified to Master Practitioner level through the National Centre for Eating Disorders.
Debbie is also the Chairperson of an eating disorder charity called fightED, which delivers the world-renowned New Maudsley Model workshops to parents/carers who have a loved one with an eating disorder.
- Qualifications & ExperienceMy own life experiences lead me towards a career as a psychotherapist, so after graduating from Queens University, Belfast with a BSc in Psychology, I went on to complete a Certificate in Counselling Studies and a Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Following this, I completed a DipHe in Counselling and a PgDip in Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy, and I became a UKCP accredited Psychotherapist in 2009. I have been working full time as a psychotherapist since.
As well as being qualified as an adult Psychotherapist, I went on to obtain the Child Marker from UKCP, meaning I am also specifically qualified to work with children and adolescents, and I am also a Registered Member of the National Counselling Society.
My area of speciality is eating disorders, and I am qualified as a Master Practitioner in the treatment of Eating Disorders and Obesity.
I hold a Diploma in Eating Disorder Practitioner Skills, Diploma in Nutritional Interventions, and a Diploma in Obesity.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Parenting skills
- Sexuality Identity
- Suicidal feelings
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken