Miss Avril Lorraine Taylor
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS18-07463
If you find your-self struggling emotionally or with negative thought or concerns you may want to explore these in a safe, confidential environment that’s non-judgmental; with someone who will actively listen to what you have to say? If this is what you are looking for at the moment why not give me a call or send an email.
I am a person-centered counsellor who strongly believes in the power of talking through issues, and that you, the client, are best aware of what is most appropriate for you in a therapeutic setting, and that you can, with support, see things from a different perspective and achieve the goals you desire.
Those clients I’ve supported have presented with a wide variety of issues and concerns such as gender, sexual orientation, anxiety and PTSD amongst others. These clients have also come from different socio-economic backgrounds, communities, cultures and identities.
In my counselling role I support adults from the age of eighteen. In doing so I work with a well-known charitable organization, on a freelance basis, and also have my own practice, and provide appointments both day and evening.
If you are ready to take on your counselling journey then why not contact me for a no obligation chat or to arrange an appointment.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 3 counselling diploma
Level 5 Therapeutic Counselling Diploma 2018.
BA Hons counselling degree 2021
Accredited member of National counselling society.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- AIDS / HIV
- Anger Management
- Assertiveness / Self-confidence / Self-esteem
- Autism & Aspergers Syndrome
- Bereavement / Loss
- Childbirth: fertility
- Childbirth: labour
- Childbirth: pregnancy
- Children / teenagers
- Chronic fatigue syndrome / M.E.
- Cultural issues
- Divorce & Separation
- Eating disorders
- Emotional issues
- Financial difficulties
- Gender identity
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Job interviews
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Parenting skills
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Pregnancy related issues
- Public speaking: stage fright
- Self-defeating behaviours
- Sexuality Identity
- Shyness / Social Phobia
- Sporting performance
- Start exercising
- Stop smoking
- Suicidal feelings
- Violence / Victim support
- Young people and children
- Languages Spoken