Mr Philip Drew
Member Status: Accredited
Member No: NCS20-02018
Hello. My name is Philip and I'm an integrative counsellor which means that the therapy that I offer is based on your needs and issues that are of concern to you. The environment that I nurture for clients is one of openness, honesty, trust and total confidentiality.
For therapy to be successful between client and counsellor, the client needs to feel that they can fully be open about themselves and their experiences without fear of judgement, and where the client feels valued and respected in each session.
I have over 20 years in education, the majority with Special Educational Needs (SEN) teenagers and young adults. This has included individuals with ADHD, ASC, students with Speech and Language Communication Needs and students with mental health issues.
I also hold an advanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate.
- Qualifications & ExperienceLevel 4 Diploma in Professional Counselling – Thoros Centre for Therapy Learning.
Level 3 Diploma in Next Steps to Counselling – Thoros Centre for Therapy Learning.
Level 2 First Steps in Counselling – Thoros Centre for Therapy Learning.
Qualified Teacher and Lecturer of Level 4 Diploma in Professional Counselling.
20 years previous experience of teaching from Year 7 to 13.
- What I can help with
- Abuse – Emotional, Physical, Sexual
- Addiction (e.g. Alcohol, Computer games, Drugs, Food, Gambling, Sex, Smoking)
- Ageing and related issues
- Anger Management
- Bereavement / Loss
- Divorce & Separation
- Emotional issues
- Generally unhappy with your life
- Illness and dying
- Panic attacks
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder / PTSD
- Violence / Victim support
- Languages Spoken